Wednesday 22 February 2012

Out and about & Crafting

Yesterday, a couple of my friends and I went out into the wilds of the West Bank of Luxor.  We visited two Nobles tombs, which were very busy which was wonderful to see. 

After being spellbound by in their wonderful art for an hour or two we went on to visit the Ramesseum.  This, in contrast to the tombs, was very quiet.  I was also glad to see that the scaffolding around the relief of Toth and Seshat writing ramesses II name on the Persea tree has finally been removed.





Detail of what is being written



And after all that excitement, back to crafting.  The other day I posted a card that I gave a friend.  She was very pleased with it and on the back of that I got two bespoke orders.

One was for a wedding ...


 
 
This card was a bit unusual for me as I cut out the card front and the accent picture is actually on the inside. 
 
There was loads of bling and glitter on the card as it was for an Egyptian and the person who placed the order was pleased with the outcome.
 
And the other for a significant birthday ...
 
 
This is an easel card and it stands up like this ...


 This card was stamped with a Lindsay Mason stamp and coloured with Copic pens and then mounted on Stampin' Up! cardstock. 

The person who ordered the card was very pleased with the end result as was the eventual recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment