Saturday 9 July 2011

The Mad Cat Lady's Grand Day Out

I had to go to ACE yet again today with CC as when she came home on Tuesday morning, 5 July, she had a bite wound.  It was no better and weeping so I called the vet at ACE and they wanted to see her.

Ambrose also had a wound on his neck so, to save a later trip, I decided to take him to be checked out.

I took a private motor launch and was making my way up the stairs with a cat in a basket in each hand and I tripped up on the stairs from the ferry up to the corniche, landing flat on my face.  Initially I was worried about my glasses, then the cats and then myself as my nose started to drip blood.  The boat boys rushed to my aid and got me and the cats up to the corniche and gave me loads of tissues to mop up the blood.

My taxi driver wanted to take me to the hospital but as I had the cats I wanted to get to ACE.  I saw my dear friend there and what with the shock (and the pain) burst into tears.  A couple of volunteers, the CEO and manager came to see me.  I was given a cup of tea and some water to make a compress and a pain killer. and the cats were treated.  I just hoped that I wouldn't get a bump on the side of my nose (!!!).

The vet was worried about me and wouldn't let be me in the room when they saw to my cats so my friend went in (good job the cats know her).  She also announced that she wanted to be with me most of the day to make sure I was OK (bless her). 

I didn't think it was broken as i could touch it but the vets thought it best that I get checked out.  A friend had called from England and even she said get it checked out.  One of the vets recommended a bone doctor so on the way home we made an appointment for 1.30 pm.

On the ferry back to the West Bank a couple of the boat boys asked whether I was ok and said he was sorry.  It wasn't their fault - but they had distracted me a bit making cat noises as I was going up the stairs with two heavy lumps.

Got home deposited the cats and had a cup of tea and then went to the Doctor.  Had an x-ray taken and its not broken, just bruised and swollen.(Luckily i don't have black eyes lol.)  He, the doctor, has given me an anti-inflammatory/anti-traumatic gel that i have to use for at least 5 days. 

Had a bit of lunch and wondered up to this excellent pharmacy.  The pharmacist asked me if I was dizzy before I fell and I said no, I just tripped (not something the doctor bothered to ask!).

Went to my friend's for a cuppa and a relax cause it was 56C when we went back into Luxor and got home at 6pm.  Another boat boy asked if I was OK when I got back to the ferry.

I feel as though I have a cold in my nose cause its all swollen from the trauma.  So, tomorrow is going to be a relaxing day watching the British F1!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an adventure you had! I am a new follower, want to come and follow me? I have spent my entire day letting my spoiled rotten dog Louie in and out of the house...sigh..

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    Hope your nose heals up!

    ReplyDelete