Thursday 28 October 2010

My beloved Odin

My beloved companion Odin was put to sleep on 5 October at 7:50pm after a very short illness.

I have not been able to write a homage to him and then all of a sudden on 20 October 2010, about the time he would go for his morning constitutional , this poem by AA Milne came to mind.

He had such an attitude even when he was very young; we bought him home on 6 March 2004 and this photo sums up his attitude to life ...
(23 March 2004)

Now I am Six by A A Milne

When I was One,
I had just begun.
(6 Jan 2005 - 1st birthday)

When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
(10 February 2006 - Look mum don't I look lovely!)

When I was Three
I was hardly me.
(30 March 2007)

When I was Four,
I was not much more.
(21 July 2008 - ohh grapes, one of my favourite things, along with water, mud, walkies, apples and any food group really!)

When I was Five,
I was just alive.
(4 October 2009 - my first trip to the seaside)

But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
(6 january 2010 - ahhh snow I like to eat snowflakes and catch snowballs ...)


(... and running really really fast!)

In June I moved continents and so did Odin - and here he is in his new home telling me all about it as usual.  Its a shameI didn't get a photo of him swimming in the Nile with Ali holding the lead.  Odin was swimming and swimming yet not going anywhere - his face was just priceless!

I do have a photo of Odin taken on his last day but I prefer to remember him like this ...

(9 August 2010 at home in Luxor, Egypt)

2 comments:

  1. This is the most fitting tribute to a beautiful soul.
    Love and light
    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a luck he had to have such a loving owner... Now he is happily romping around on the Rainbow Bridge...

    ReplyDelete