Thursday 22 March 2012

Missing a Dear Friend who is also a New Friend

I tried posting this after the event but the internet was playing up - which is not such an unusual occurance here in Sunny Luxor!  The post goes as follows ...

In October I met a lady who has since become a close friend.  As we have got to know each other we have discovered how alike we are.  We have the same favourite colour.  We both do precision crafting.  I do paper craft, patchwork and cross stitch whilst she does hardanger (something I have always wanted to try!).

The week before last, I was told that how I got to some answers was logical.  I told her that my father has said that I am illogical but this friend (and another friend) said that I am very logical.  She and the second friend are both crafters so I think that I use crafters logic as do they, which is why they think I am logical.

She also has an interest in Egyptology and we have done a couple of outings recently to the Valley of the Nobles, the Ramesseum and Deir el Medina including the Ptolemaic temple which is an absolute gem.  It’s really colourful and on a hot day it is surprisingly cool inside.  She had also fallen under the spell of the goddess Hathor (my personal favourite).

Well this new close friend is leaving Egypt for Australia on Tuesday and so I made her a little going away/memories gift.

She was very taken by it and said she had never received anything like that ever before.

It is a little flip book that measures 6 x 6 inches.  Here it is closed.


It used two sheets of  12 x 12 inch card stock which was cut in half.  Three pieces of 6" x 12" card was used to make the book therefore giving six 6" x 6" inch areas and six 3" x 6" flaps.  The book then folds up.  Natty don't you think?

Here are a few pictures of the project.

  My friend's new boyfriend, my 8 month old labrador and the Colossi of Amenhotep III

 A friendship saying included in the book

 A stamp of the goddess hathor, coloured with Copic Caio pens.

  The Back

All the card and paper is from Stampin’ Up!  I used a couple of Stampin’ Up! punches namely, small tag and curly label.  The die I used was library pocket and tag.


I was pleased with the results.

Although the friendship is new it feels as though we have known each other for ages and I am going to miss this dear lady a great deal.

Until next time, internet permitting.

Be well.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing gift for your friend... must be sad that she is going so far away!

    I saw you had a question as for my Mo Manning image... I simply colored the background of the image with my copics (colors e 53, 51, 50) - I think that's what you are refering to as a halo effect... :-)

    Have a great day!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete