Monday 30 August 2010

Sadness in Luxor

A tribute to Harvey



Many people, especially those who do not have animals, may think it strange that I am dedicating a blog post to a Dog.

Some say that you are owned by a cat but you own a dog but it is rather they are your friend, your partner, your defender, Your Dog! You are his life, his love, his leader! He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

I did not know you well but you were a loving and kind soul. As devoted to your sister as she was to you – frequently licking each others ears. As your dad frequently commented “you had the cleanest ears in Luxor!”.

There are many things I will miss and to name just a few, to see your nose pocking through your balcony’s balustrade to ‘talk’ to me, and the image of you carrying a shoe to say hello will stay with me forever, especially when it was one of my shoes. This is a habit that my little one has also adopted.

When you and your sister protected the newcomer ‘Odin’ it thrilled my heart that he had been accepted into the pack as I know he is a jumped up little upstart who could easily have been rudely put in his place which is what he badly needs. But true to your very kind nature you readily accepted him and me into your family.

Harvey means – battle worthy and in your last few days you had a huge battle, one that unfortunately you did not win.

As with Kayla, your dear sister, we will all miss you greatly but we will remember you with laughter and love and hold you close to our hearts.

RIP Harvey, sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment