Tuesday 18 January 2011

My Action Packed Week - Part II

Friday - TV problems - Although I did not have to leave the house on Friday by television (which is all of six months old) decided to start playing about. I turned it on that morning and I was getting sound but no pictures. So I duly checked the manual and did everything it said. So I gave up and turned it off and watched some Grey's Anatomy 'bliss'. So two hours later I turned it back on and the television was OK.
 
The above scenario was repeated again later that same evening - not good.
 
Saturday - I called my landlord about the TV and he was taking a neighbour into Luxor so also took me and the TV. After telling the man in the shop what was wrong he said that is "had the devil in it". He then informed me that the repair would take one month OMG!!!. This is because the van that collects the broken TVs only arrives once a fortnight, they are then taken to be repaired and returned on the next van.
 
So, although I was planning on getting a new TV in the future, it was a case of needs must and so have purchased a new 32" HD TV. It has 4 HDMi slots; a cooling fan inside and I can connect my TV and Wii and everything when it eventually arrives. It’s very very nice!!!
 
While I was at the shop I also saw a new Stereo that has a 7" screen (for some unknown reason!!), a USB port (which means I can plug my IPod into it), a MP3 port, 3 CD changer, radio and 2 tapes. I think I might get that tomorrow - Wednesday. :)
 
One of the things about Luxor is that you go to the shop to get the goods then you have to go to their warehouse to collect them! It’s like a little hole in the wall. I will try to remember to take my camera when I get the stereo.

No comments:

Post a Comment